Sunday, May 01, 2005

Flowers...What's The F#*king Point ?

So, I worked a wedding at the Blueberry Library tonight(what a shocking development !!), and it was relatively lavish affair, as Blueberry weddings tend to be, lots of pomp and circumstance,and flowers...Holy shit were there flowers...It looked like Liberace's funeral...Flowers on every table...A three foot tall vase and two feet more of flowers on the guest book table...Several portable columns with LARGE arrangements on them...All very beautiful, to be sure...But at the end of the evening, do you know what happened ?...After the wait staff and yours truly scavenged the arrangements(I brought home some roses for my ":Special Lady"-perhaps they will make up for the bathtub gin incident)and the florist reclaimed all of her vases, at least one of which did resemble the Stanley Cup(these flowers were a major production folks)....All of those bloody f#*king flowers went into the garbage...Three 35 gallon garbage cans full of flowers, right into the dumpster...Now, I don't know for sure how much this all cost, but I do know that when my "Special Lady" and I finally tied the knot after a whirlwind romance, the flowers were EXPENSIVE, and we didn't even have very many...I would have to venture a guess that these flowers cost over $ 10,000...For 6 hours...Then the dumpster...I'm sorry, that is BATSHIT NUTS !!!!!!!!

"You can send me dead flowers very morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I won't forget to put roses on your grave" - Jagger/Richards

Nighty Night Night...pjb

No comments: