Monday, May 22, 2006

"Excuse me, I've got to crap."-Sydney Bristow

Okay, that isn't what she actually said, but it would have been so excellent if she had. Allow me to explain...I recently began watching the reruns of "Alias" on TNT( I know, they are "edited pieces of crap" i believe is how my friend Lauren put it, but I like the show, and it's on really late at night/early in the morning and TIVO is my friend)...And there was an episode recently when Arvin Sloane(boo!!hiss !!), who has been a bad,bad boy was once again her boss( waaaay to convoluted for me to explain here...I'm not actually sure I understand it)...And he had just given the whole team their assignments in the briefing room, and he walked over to try and engage Sydney in converesation, and she gets up and says..."Excuse me, I've got to crap." After I stopped laughing, i rewound it(again-TiVo, friend)...Only to find out that she actually said "prep", not "crap", but that didn't ruin the moment, for that brief shining second, i thought i had witnessed one of the greatest lines ever written in the history of anything..."Call me Ishmael" ? Bah !! "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ?" ? Claptrap !! "frankly my dear, i don't give a damn."? Well, I don't give a damn !! How about this ? Imagine if Rhett Butler had said "Frankly, my dear, I have to go crap !!" It gives "Gone With the Wind" a new meaning, doesn't it ?
Anyway, I guess there is no point to this(and that's different, how ?), i just found it really funny. I guess i should go.

3 comments:

Lauren Matson said...

Ha ha ha...

Just ha.

Karmyn R said...

LOVE IT! But - I have to Crap....

Lauren Matson said...

After watching the steaming pile of horsecrap that was the Series Finale, I sure hope you don't bother getting too addicted.

But, I guess if you're wading through Season 4 without too much self-inflicted head trauma, then maybe, just maybe, you might be ok.