Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mmmmm...Peanut M & M's...What the Fuck is THAT !?!?!?

That is a direct quote from me, last week. I think it was Thursday, and I decided, after finishing my lunch, that I needed a little something sweet. fortunately, there is a vending machine in the basement of my building(well, it's not MY building in the sense that I own it or anything, but it is the building that houses my office, so I like to think of it as mine, and it makes telling stories like this easier,if I just refer to it as mine, at least it WOULD make the stories easier, if I didn't feel the need to explain it) at work that traffics in snacks both salty and sweet.

I ventured into the basement of the building and stood in front of the magical machine. "What should I have ? I had already decided on sweet, so the Cheetos and Munchos and Funyons were out of the running. Pop-Tarts ? Naw. Kit-Kat ? Naw. Twix ? Hmmm...Could be...let's come back to that," I thought.

But I would not return to the Twix, for it was next that I saw them- PEANUT M&M's !! Bingo! Jackpot! Yahtzee !! We have a winner. I frantically smoothed out my dollar bill and fed it into the machine. Time seemed to stop as the machine decided whether or not my dollar was acceptable, but I finally heard that little whirr, as the machine transformed my dollar into a credit on the machine.

I pressed the appropriate buttons for the glorious peanut M&M's(B7) and watched as they were pushed out of their perch and into the tray below. I snatched them out of the tray and ran down the hallway...I couldn't get back to my office fast enough.

I sat down at my desk, and ripped the package open...And this is what I found....



Here it is in red....

Talk about disappointment!! My guess is that they somehow got cooked in the machine or something...I don't know. But even I wasn't hungry enough to eat them.

3 comments:

Poppy said...

Ohhhh, the horror! I LOVE my peanut M&Ms, this would make me cry.

Paticus said...

Poppy-It was pretty bad. i even contemplated trying them, to see if maybe the damage was just cosmetic...

Poppy said...

EEEEK! You should complain to them, you'll get free stuff!