Monday, December 01, 2008

Meet My Ties Volume 38

Rolling Stones- Falling Tongues
Ralph Marlin
100% Polyester
Made In The USA


I'm sure there are all sorts of clever song title related puns that I could...Nay, SHOULD want to share with you..."it's only polyester, but I like it,like it, yes I do!" or "Knot Me Up", or "You Can't Always Tie A Windsor Knot", or some other such thing, but I am just not in the mood. This is my Rolling Stones tie...
Here's a closer look


I know, I know, there's a little smudge there on the bottom. It has since been dry cleaned, but on the way to the photographer's studio to have these portraits of my ties taken professionally, we came upon a young couple having car trouble. We stopped to help, and were able to get them back on the road. In fixing the car, I got some schmutz on my tie. But it didn't matter...You know why ? You know who that couple was ? It was Heidi and Spencer from the Hills, and because we helped them out, they were able to make it to the studio on time to tape an appearance on the Rachel Ray show, and spread some of the Speidi magic around. So, for the cost of some schmutz on my Rolling Stones tie, I made millions of people happy. I made the world a better place, if only for a few minutes.

Have a happy Monday, Crimestoppers.

No comments: