Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Need Your Help, Folks....

I'm not proud...I need help.

here's the deal....

A while back, I put my ITunes on an external hard drive...We had a crash that had resulted in losing a few music files(not a lot, but a few was too many for me) and while I do have a hard backup of the files, i figured that maybe I would put it on an external hard drive, to protect it a bit...It also helped because my ITunes has somewhere around 69,000 songs on it, so it freed up a lotta space on the hard drive.

Here is my problem...Whenever I get prompted to update Itunes, it looks for ITunes on my C Drive, and when it cannot find it, it does not update. I cannot figure out how to aim the update to my external hard drive(F).

I'm a computer ignoramus,and I accept that. I realize that if there is a simple remedy to this, I deserve to be ridiculed for it, and I will take my lumps. Just help a brotha out, willya ?

3 comments:

Lauren Matson said...

EXCUSE ME! COMPUTER GENIUS COMING THROUGH! MOOOOVEEE!!!

Which version of iTunes do you have? If it's the latest (and this might vary slightly because I have a Mac and therefore am superior), then you should be able to go to Preferences--->Advanced and there should be your iTunes folder location (probably currently set to C:\music\itunes music). Change that to the proper folder on your E drive and it should work.

If in fact you've done that and it's still not working, then I can't help you. But that worked when I used an external hard drive a few years ago.

Paticus said...

Lauren- thanks. I think that I have it aimed correctly, but i will check that again. I will also make sure that it actually says \music\itunes music For some reason, i don't think that is what it reads, even though it is set to the F drive.

Paticus said...

Nope. didn't work.AAAAAARGH!!!!