Monday, February 09, 2009

Meet My Ties Volume 46

Lobsters
Tommy Hilfiger
100% Silk
Imported Fabric
Made in USA

Aaaah, yes....The world famous "Lobster tie"...The tie I was wearing during the "incident"...But hasn't that really been talked to death ? More important, I think, is the story of how I ended up with a Lobster tie to begin with...And believe you me, it is one helluva important story...I was in Marshall's I think, and I was thinking to myself,'You know what is greatly under represented in my haberdashery ? Shellfish. I mean, sure..I have my prawn cuff links, and that mussel shaped pocket square...But no shellfish ties, for instance." And then, like some sort of gift from God himself, was the Tommy Hilfiger Lobster tie, calling out to me in it's pale lime green glory. I had to have it. Am I proud that I had to kidney punch an elderly lady to get it ? No. Would I do it again ? damn right I would. Why ? Because the tie was an obvious sign from God. i was thinking about something, and there it was. i was not going to let some old biddy get in the way of my manifest clothing destiny. Even if it was Morty's 90th birthday, and he was a lobster man for 60 years. Morty can bite me, I'm doing God's work here people.
Here's a closer look at the divine tie:

Magnificent.
Enjoy your Monday, Crimestoppers !

2 comments:

Michele said...

At first glance I thought they were sperm!

Paticus said...

Michele-Now THAT would be a helluva tie!