Thursday, March 19, 2009

Can't Mentos & Diet Coke Just get Along ?

(what's playing on the iPod will be in bold)

I am amazed by the fact that, after living and driving in New Jersey, LOS ANGELES, and Chicago, that Tallahassee would have the worst drivers of all. Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Would someone tell these people how a four way stop works ? Or where the gas pedal is ? I'm gonna lose it soon!!


"It Makes No Difference" by the Band

I had some honey chicken wings last night that almost literally had NO flavor. It was quite an accomplishment. I'm tempted to stop by the restaurant to see exactly how they do that.


"Movies" by Alien Ant Farm.

I have decided that episodes of "Deadwood" will be the entertainment while riding the exercise bike.

"I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You" by Tom Waits

Filled out my NCAA Tournament brackets, even though I have not the faintest clue what I'm talking about. I do love watching the tournament, though. Go Boilers !!

"Deep Elem Blues"(live-Acoustic)- Jerry Garcia & John Kahn at Oregon State Prison

Got some good news from the dental hygienist yesterday-My gums are rebounding from the periodontal disease very well. Whoo hoo!!! Go Teeth!!!

"32 Flavors"(live) by Ani DiFranco

Reading "The Wordy Shipmates"...I loves me some Sarah Vowell. One of the few audio books I would be tempted to purchase.

Speaking of audio books(sorta)..I added the 1996 spoken word adaptation of "Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas" to my IPod last night. I'm thinking I might listen to it on my way home. Maybe it will lighten my mood...Or drive me over the edge.

" Sight For Sore Eyes" by Tom Waits

Cooked up some corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes and sodabread on Sunday.(Not enough time on Tuesday) It was pretty good. It was my first sodabread, something went wrong, but I'm not sure what. I have some pictures of it. I'll post it later. later meaning another day, probably. Not later today.

"11:59" by Blondie

Finally got the digital thermostat installed...Now I just have to learn how to program it. It's currently on military time and Celsius.

I should clarify...Our landlord had someone install the thermostat...I tried, but I couldn't quite decipher which of the 27,000 screws in the thing were actually attached to the wall, so I thought I would let an expert handle it.

"V" by Golden Smog

I like Frosted Mini-Wheats.

My Mom sent her granddaughters the DVD set of the Magic Garden. I'm excited to watch it with them. I used to watch that show religiously when I was a kid.

If you want to know just how often Spongebob Squarepants is on Tee Vee everyday, get a Season Pass on your TiVO. Holy Crap!! It practically has it's own channel. And I delete a bunch of the recordings that are scheduled...And then it adds MORE!!! It's almost creepy!

"Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac

The Daily Show is like that too. I record it every night at 11:00, but then it periodically gets added at 8 am and 10 am and 2 pm and 8 pm., etc. It's bananas !!

I'm thinking I might have a Pop-Tart in a few minutes.

"Ruben & Cherise"(Live-Acoustic)-Jerry Garcia & John Kahn at Oregon State Prison


I really should go.

Be good, Crimestoppers. And if you can't be good, at least be tall.

3 comments:

Julie Falatko said...

Magic Garden! I wonder if it's as magical now, or if it just seems all low budget. I read an article about how Paula and Carol are still performing, and they sing all these songs and then suddenly break into, "I'd like to say hello! hello! hello! hello!" and the crowd of people our age goes nuts.

Paticus said...

Julie- I have yet to see it. they watched it on Sunday morning(which is my sleep in morning)and they liked it. I hope it's still magical.
Didn't they have a goodbye song too ?
"See ya, see ya"..something like that ?

Julie Falatko said...

Huh. I have no memory of a goodbye song, although it would make sense. I mostly remember the Hello song, the swings, and the giggle patch. And that giant squirrel thing. One funny thing is that if you bring up The Magic Garden to someone who grew up outside of the NY metro area, they think you're nuts. "You know! The show where the two hippie women lived in that closet at Brooklyn College? And sang with puppet animals and stuff?" Also I found out later that Sesame Street apparently wasn't like 50% Spanish in other parts of the country.