Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day:School of Rock: Sonic Saturday 6/20/2009

Okay, so the father's day post is going to be a day early...Bite me. But when you listen to the Sonic Saturday song, I think it will all make sense.

Tomorrow is Father's Day. So, I'd like to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. As I stated last year, this has been a tough day for me since my Dad died in 2007. I'd like to beg your indulgence and say a little something to him. I'll try to not be too maudlin.

Happy Father's Day, Pop. I wish a little more than usual that I had you here to talk to. I think fatherhood is kicking my ass. Sometimes I feel like I'm failing the girls on a daily basis, and I just feel like they deserve better. Some days, I think that I'm breaking even, and at least staying ahead of them actually hating me. On the best days, I feel like I'm doing my job, and I'm helping mold a couple of kids that I can be proud of, that i hope you would be proud of too.

I know this sounds like a lot of self-pitying bullshit...And it probably is...But I think I'd like to hear you tell me that. Hell, I'd like to hear you tell me that I'm right, that I'm a train wreck of a Dad, and I need to get my shit together, and give me that look. You know the one. I caused you to get real good at that look, I think.

So, I hope you're having a good Father's Day, Daddy-O. I miss you. I love you.



No comments: