Monday, August 03, 2009

Meet My Ties Volume 71...

The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Masterworks Collection
100% Silk
Dry Clean Only
Made in Italy


This tie was a gift from My Special Lady. I think it might have been for Father's Day, but I don't remember exactly. I do remember that she bought it for me because when turn it in the light, it has a weird tie-dye-esque quality to it(which I am completely incapable of capturing with a camera-sorry). It's from the Masterworks Collection at the Metropolitan Museum of Art(made in Italy, which is just silly, like any great artists ever came from Italy), and apparently, it was made by soaking the tie in turpentine, and then swiping it across a painting, lifting the paint off of the canvas, and applying ti to the tie fabric. Crazy, huh ?
Here's a closer look:



Enjoy your Monday, Crimestoppers!!!

No comments: