Monday, October 11, 2010

How Badly Did I Tempt Fate?

So, I did something that other day, something that I did not give A LOT of thought to at the time, but afterwards, I have been feeling it was rather stupid, even though there was no negative outcome. I would like your opinion:

  Here's the sitch(that's hip shorthand for "situation"):

  The other morning I arrived at work and pulled into my regular parking spot(not assigned, but I'm a creature of habit, so I park in the same spot if it's available), and as I pull in, I notice that there is a large swatch of purple(maybe magenta) paint on the asphalt of the parking lot. I got out of the car, and I noticed that the paint can that provided the paint on the asphalt. I guess that someone had the paint can and dropped it in the parking lot. The top was off the can, and it was sitting in the grass about 4 feet from my car, which was the only car in that section of the parking lot at that time.

  As I walked away from the car, I glanced back at the paint can and saw how close it was to my car, and I had a split second vision of my car with an impromptu magenta paint job, but I didn't dwell on it.

  But thinking about it now,it occurs to me that I am probably very lucky that someone walking by my car did not decide to pour a half a can of magenta paint on it.

  Of course that didn't happen to my car(or any of the other cars that arrived later), but I do wonder just how big a risk did I take? Had I severely tempted Fate?

  What do you think ?

2 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

You think that could actually happen where you work? What kind of evil people are you working with?

Paticus said...

Earl- I work on a college campus, and it's a fairly well traveled lot, as a lot of students cut through it to get to campus, but where I park is on what is sorta the lower level, rear end of the lot, which is fairly big.