Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let's Step Into the WayBack Machine....

Back to the days of HBO's "Video Jukebox"...Does anyone remember that? It was a half hour video show that was on  HBO back in the early '80's.
   Before Cablevision of North Jersey added this thing called Music Television(MTV for short, I think it was called), this was this fat little kid from New Jersey's lifeline for music videos.
  This was also a time when HBO used to show short films in between movies, which introduced me to the genius of "Hardware Wars" and Closet cases of The Nerd Kind", but that is a post for another day.
   Now, you may be wondering why I all of a sudden have early '80's HBO on my brain...Well, I'll tell you. Yesterday, my brain remembered a song, and wanted to hear it, so I sought it out, and it is a song that I distinctly remember first hearing(and seeing, of course) on HBO's Video Jukebox. What song was it? It was "Pilot of the Airwaves" by Charlie Dore, of course. Wanna hear(see) it?
    Here it is:


No comments: