Saturday, July 16, 2005

Sweet Merciful Crap....

What a fucking night at the Blueberry...wedding reception...275 people...people catching on fire...people pulling fire alarms...people dancing on broken glass in bare feet...goat sacrifices...The Supremes reforming for a impromptu rendition of Destiny's Child's "Bootylicious"...Okay, the last two didn't happen...But all the other shit DID!!!!!!...A woman came to close to candle and burned her foot...I think her outfit was made of crepe paper, so she's lucky she didn't become a fireball...a 3 year old kid pulled the fire alarm...What a grand noise that is...BUT, for the first time, a crisis at the Blueberry reoccured, so I knew EXACTLY what to do(besides my standard sweating and swearing and weeping)...Pretty fuckin' cool, huh ?...Someone broke a glass on the dance floor, which I found out when I was summoned to bandage up the foot of a woman who danced a piece of glass into her foot(my 2nd triage of the night, I also attended to the burned foot of the other lady- Old Flo Nightingale had NOTHING on old Paticus tonight, crimestoppers)...so we got her cleaned up, picked up as much of the glass as possible, and had the DeeJay announce that people should put their shoes back on(which I'm SURE thay all did)The party was almost over by then, anyway, praise Jesus...Ay, that was enough crap for three weeks worth of weddings...I got my picture taken, though, as I was resetting the pulled fire alarm...Immortalized at last !!!
Forgive me if I'm a bit scattered, I'm still reeling from not being invited to Jessica Simpson's 25th birthday...I just don't get it...
You know, I think I must really have a thing for Scarlett Johansen, because I saw a preview for "The Island", and it looks HORRIBLE, yet I kinda want to see it...And Ewan McGregor just doesn't have that effect on me...Neither does Steve Buscemi(how the hell DO you pronounce that ?)...
Also, I saw a preview for the new "Bad News Bears", and as much as I was upset by the concept of the remake...It looks REALLY damn funny...I think I want to see it...
Well, I think that's enough for this morning...


"Let it ride
Let it ride easy down the road
Let it ride
Let it take away all of this darkness
Let it ride
Let it rock me in the arms of stranger's angels
Until it brings me home
Let it ride, let it roll, let it go"- Let It Ride- Ryan Adams & The Cardinals

Enjoy the roasted pork loin...

pjb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how come i am never a part of the blueberry wedding excitement anymore? sheesh, sounds like it was "fun".

did you guys see "war of the worlds"? did it scare the hell out of you like it scared the hell out of me?