Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weezin' On LSD With Warren & John

"Beverly Hills,
that's where I want to be
Living in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills,
rollin' like a celebrity
Living in Beverly Hills"- Beverly Hills- Weezer

Not a lot to say tonight, but the blog has just become part of my post work routine. Pretty uneventful event at the Blueberry this evening. Pretty well behaved crowd, no madness from the building itself. Lots and lots and lots of flowers and candles and little rocks. The band was not good. They did play "Sweet Home Alabama" that was a little odd.

" His comrades fought beside him
Van Owen and the rest
But of all the Thompson gunners
Roland was the best
So the CIA decided they wanted Roland dead
That son of a bitch Van Owen
Blew off Roland's head

Roland the headless Thompson gunner
Norway's bravest son
They can still see his headless body
Stalking through the night
In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun
In the muzzle flash of Roland's Thompson gun" Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner- Warren Zevon

Criminy, Warren Zevon was a fucking genius !! An absolute fucking genius !!!

The Drive was CROWDED this evening- very unusual for 1:15 a.m.- I wonder if there was some event in this fine city that I was unaware of- could be, could very well be.

"C'mon baby, take a ride with me
I'm up from Indiana down to Tennessee
Everything is cool as can be
In a peaceful world"- Peaceful World- John Mellencamp

I wouldn't call him a genius, but I think John Cougar Mellencamp is pretty damn solid as well. I bought his 2 disc greatest hits, and it's got a lot of really good tunes on it, I'll tell you what.

By the way, Simpsons Season Six is out on DVD. Kicks ASS !!

Okay, I should go to bed. I have to do the whole thing all over again in 11 hours.

sleep well, crimestoppers...Try the crab legs ala Chester.
pjb

No comments: