Monday, September 05, 2005

Puckered on Lake Shore Drive

No moths, no cicadas...
1:30 a.m. Lake Shore Drive

The Lemonheads "Outdoor Type" on repeatrepeatrepeat

" Always had a roof above me
Always paid the rent
I've never set foot inside a tent
Couldn't build a fire
To save my life
I lied about being the outdoor type" "Outdoor Type"- The Lemonheads

Lovely 12 hour day at that fucking Blueberry today- here's how it started.
I arrive at the Blueberry to see a minivan parked mere inches from the closed gate to the parking lot, another minvan is right behind it. I double park Clementine so that I can open the gate to the parking lot. I walk up the minivan that is practically kissing the gate, and I say, "Sir, you'll have to move your car so I can open the gate." The man in the second minivan walks up to me and says. "Doesn't the gate open the other way ?"- Here's the reply I would like to have given "Would I have asked this gentleman to move his fucking car so I could open the fucking gate if said fucking gate fucking opened the other fucking way, you flaming pinhead ?" Alas, I did not give that reply, here was my far more diplomatic(and truthful) reply: " One side opens this way, the other opens the other way." Then , the guy stood there and stared at me like I was lying to him !! I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Not a great start to the day.

"I've never slept out underneath the stars
The closest that I came to that
Was one time my car
Broke down for an hour in the suburbs at night
I lied about being the outdoor type"- "Outdoor Type" The Lemonheads

My verbal road rage took the form of opera tonight/this morning on the ride home. Very odd, but eerily beautiful at the same time, if I do say so myself.

I completely forgot something about last night at the Blueberry, a bug(one of those with the many legs that looks like one of those long dustmops) committed suicide by climbing inside a lit tealight candle. It was sooo sad. Weird I forgot to mention it last night...Perhaps too close to the "cicada incident" ? Perhaps the regression instinct kicked in ? Boy, I think I might be a prize winning psychiatric journal entry for some lucky bastard psychiatrist.

" Too scared to let you know
You knew what you were looking for
I lied until I fit the bill
God bless the great indoors
I lied about being the outdoor type
I've never owned a sleeping bag
Let alone a mountain bike" - "Outdoor Type" - The Lemonheads

This song is one of the greatest songs ever...EVER !!!!

Heard my first Weezer song played at a wedding- "Buddy Holly"- That was a bit weird. Also played "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show- also a wee bit odd.

Also, the CHATTIEST DJ I have heard at a wedding...This guy was riffin' like craaaazy...I thought I was listening to Allan Freed or something...He even had a trivia question !! How about that ? He started playing "Crazy" by Patsy Cline(great song-also a bit odd for a wedding) and he asked the crowd who wrote it...And he gave a beer to the guy who yelled out "Willie Nelson" first...Kooky, huh ?

I thought of something about wedding music today...You don't hear a lot of Beatles songs at weddings. I mean, they play "Twist And Shout" at just about every wedding, but you very rarely hear anything else...That is odd and sad- I'm not the biggest Beatles fan in the world, but there are some kickass songs in that catalog, and they are virtually ignored at weddings- I don't think I like that. How about a little "I'm Only Sleeping" ? or "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" ? or even "Yellow Submarine" fer crying out loud ?

" I can't go away with you
On a rock climbing weekend
What if something's on TV
And it's never shown again ?
It's just as well I'm not invited
I'm afraid of heights
I lied about being the outdoor type
Never learned to swim
Can't grow a beard or even fight
I lied about being the outdoor type.' - " Outdoor Type"- The Lemonheads

Well, I think it's time for bed. Oh, one thing about the food, there was this rice and ground beef thing served in an onion- it was weird and delicious !!!

Okay, now to the bed...Happy Labor Day...Try the knockwurst !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is X
We have this law in France that states that, for a certain category of documents, including newspapers and similar publications, the name and address of the printer must, at the very least, be included on the ...
Hi Ya, Like the Blog – nice one!
I have a daily affirmation site. It pretty much covers daily affirmation related stuff.
Check it out if you find the time :-)

elizabeth said...

dear patrick,

this is not a spam comment, as you seem to be getting lately...

i am in san francisco (for work) and i was just walking down the street to my hotel and i saw a little store called "cicada". how could i not think of you?

:) elizabeth