Monday, December 05, 2005

Fox Has GOT To Be Fucking Kidding !!!

I was watching the Bears game today(not a Bears fan, but living in Chicago, what they try to pass off as football(at one point their quarterback was 2 of 10 and had a QB rating of 5.6..a BAD QB rating is in the 40s !!!) is all I could watch as I waited for updates of my Cowboys being beaten by the New York(actually in New Jersey) MotherFuckin' Giants) and I saw a commercial that I was sure was a joke until it ended. In January, Fox is going to air a show called "Ice Skating With The Stars"...I shit you not...The commercial is both fucking hilarious and terrifying at the same time...The only "celebrities" i recognized were Kristy Swanson(Movie Buffy) and Bruce Jenner...And they show the ice skating...You see one guy drop a woman on her HEAD, smack dab on the top of her head !!! Then you see this blonde woman hit the ice, and they show the judges saying "That looked like it hurt", cut back to the blonde woman(Kristy Swanson) and zoom in on the bloody GASH on her chin !! This shit is crazy ! I thought it was like the old SNL commercial for the "Battle Of The Network T & A". It was unbelievable !!!
Then, later on while i was enjoying the Simpsons( Homer was dancing in his sleep tonight- it was awesome) they showed a promo for a show where they make kids' letters to Santa come true, and my first thought was(and I actually exclaimed it out loud)..."How is Fox gonna filth that up ?" I know they will make it sleazy and creepy, but I just can't figure out how.
Why am I awake now ? You might be asking . I am waiting for LAB to drift off to sleep. My Special Lady and I have recently taken a divide and conquer approach to our three month old twins. We each take one for the evening and sleep in different rooms. I got LAB tonight, and she was not super happy about eating, but she seems just about ready to drift off as I sit here and type and we listen to a little "Cowgirl In The Sand " by Mister Neil Young.
Did I ever tell you about my favorite Joe Walsh quote ? I saw the Eagles on their "Hell Freezes Over Tour" quite by chance(i didn't have the $11,000 or whartever it cost to see them, but I was in the middle of my solo cross country trek to Los Angeles and visiting my Special Lady's cousin in Colorado, and his wife had gotten tickets through work- we sat in this little section with it's own waiter) but anyway, Joe Walsh steps to the microphone, and he says: " When I was a boy, my grandmother said to me: Joseph...Sorry about the nose".
Everyone should see the new Special Edition of "The Warriors"(not as completely random a segue as one might think- Joe Walsh contributed the song "In The City" to the soundtrack, it's the closing credits music -fucking awesome song- and of course, that doesn't explain the completely random mentioning of Joe Walsh in the first place)...But I digress, you should see the movie. It's about this gang that attends this huge gang summit in New York City, then they get accused of a crime by all the other gangs in the city( i don't want to ruin it), and they have to try and make it back to their "turf" in Coney Island, while every gang in the city tries to waste them...It's a kick ass movie...
Okay, it looks as though the lovely LAB is asleep, so I am going to try and sleep as well. You folks have good Mondays...And hey, hey hey...Let's be careful out there."

No comments: