Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Go Ahead, Bite The Big Apple...Don't Mind The Maggots..."

My ELEVEN Favorite Rolling Stones Songs...


Sway: LOVE the guitar outro....

Wild Horses: Just plain beautiful.

Shine A Light: I don't know why i love this one so much, I just do.

Tumbling Dice: "You got to ro-oh-oll me..."

Memory Motel: Probably my all time favorite Stones song- the one that made me reconsider them as a band( I was a Beatles guy for a looong time) This one always makes me think of cigarettes and rain...

Moonlight Mile: "Yeah, I'm goin' hooome, but I'm just about a moonlight mile on down the road, down the road..." Great late night driving song...

Gimme Shelter:Haunting tune, eerie almost.

Shattered: Love it for the line that gave this post it's title.

You Got The Silver: Keith at his best.

Sweet Virginia: Great countryesque tune.

Winter: "I wish I'd been out in California, when the lights on all the Christams trees went out..."

There they are....My 11 favorite tunes from the World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band.


Oh yeah, add Angie, Loving Cup and No Expectations....

No comments: