Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"I DO NOT Like Them, Sam I Am..."

I DON'T LIKE "JAM" BANDS !!!

There, I said it. I do not like them in a house, I do not like them with a mouse. I do not like Jam Bands, I do not like them Sam I Am...

I like, okay LOVE the Grateful Dead, I make no bones(hee-hee) about that. They probably border on being an obsession with me.

That does not mean, however, that I like Phish, or the String Cheese Incident, or moe, or The(ugh) Dave(ugh) Matthews(ugh) Band(ugh) , or Gov't Mule, or Widespread Panic, or Umphrey's McGee, or any other of the myriad of bands out there that have no idea how to end a fucking song. Endless songs are not always a good thing.

Kee-rist !! I buy some Grateful Dead merchandise over the internet, and I am suddenly bombarded with ads for the new String Cheese Incident Live From Austin DVD, or 90 Minutes of Trey Anastasio playing the guitar with his wang !! I don't give a crap !! I like the Grateful Dead and sometimes the Allman Brothers(and even they can drag a little bit sometimes), and, in fact, I think calling the Grateful Dead a "jam" band is a HUGE oversimplification of the music they produced.

I do not like them in a box, I do not Like them Live at Red Rocks, I do not Like Jam bands, I do not like them, Sam I Am...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quit jammin' me!