Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pharmacological Advice....

I'm not sure that "pharmacological" is the right term to use, but it's kind of a fun word to say, isn't it ? Sure it is...

Okay, I'll get to my point...Over the weekend, there was a full on assault perpetrated upon my intestines...I know not whether it was bacterial, or viral, or supernatural in nature( I did recently get into a fender bender with a self declared witch(TOTALLY her fault, replace the "w" with a "b", if you know what I mean), and she vowed revenge,and I was figuring she was more to blame for my Johnson turning green, but I guess she could have been very industrious), and that really does not matter a great deal. The important thing is, I was shooting foul and loose, if you catch my drift.

So, after a marathon session on the old throne, where I read up on the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the sex scandal at Duke(I'm quite behind in my Rolling Stone reading), I opened up the medicine cabinet and grabbed my trusty bottle of Pepto-Bismol. A BRAND NEW bottle of Pepto !! But there was something different about the bottle. The color was a little bit off. A quick perusal of the label answered my question...I had purchased a cherry flavored bottle of Pepto.

I looked a the bottle for a few seconds. I was not sure what to make of this. On the one hand, cherry is a kick ass flavor for a whole lotta things(Life Savers, Coca Cola,Cherry Garcia Ice cream, Starbursts, to name a few), but on the other hand, the tried and true pink death flavor of Pepto has always meant stomach relief to me. This was a quandary.
Well, my stomach made a sound not unlike that of Magneto enforcing his will on a chain link fence, and my decision was made for me...Down the hatch with the cherry flavored Pepto.

HOLY SHIT, was that an error. It tasted like 5000 aspirin partially dissolved in a cherry milkshake. It was chalky and mediciney. It was god awful. I would almost rather just ride out the intestinal assault.

Anyway, there is the warning. Do NOT try the cherry flavored Pepto. It is NOT a taste sensation.

Hmm, what's this ? Bacon flavored Immodium-AD?

2 comments:

Avitable said...

mmmmm.....bacon.

Paticus said...

Avitable: Amen to that.