Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Okay, so it's two days late, but hey. Forces were aligned against me this weekend.


Hell, I even missed seeing my Boilermakers give the current NCAA Champion Florida Gators all they could handle in the NCAA Tournament(March Craziness, I think it's called. Or perhaps, March Dementia ?..Or Spring Anxiety ? I don't know, it involves some sort of mental disorder.)


I DID, however, attend a birthday party for a one year old, but this mean kid took my lollipop, and called me a fat doo-doo head,so I went home early...But I did get a balloon, and some Winnie The Pooh cake.

I also went to a mandatory dinner and paid 5 bucks for a Michelob light, and 35 bucks for a steak that was still moving.

Did I mention that Kobe Bryant elbowed me in the face ?


And I spent much of my time on Saturday turning this:













Into THIS:




Mmmm....boiled meat. Man, that was good, if I may toot my own culinary horn for a moment. And the potatoes were good. And the ice cold HARP was veeeeery good. The company was even better.

The corned beef was a gift from my friend J. Thank you, J. You wanna know how kickass she is ? She's a vegetarian, and she bought us a 6 pound corned beef. That, my friends, is KICKASS.

It was good. And I had it again for lunch yesterday, and I will have it for lunch again today. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

I will leave you with my favorite two Irish proverbs, both of which I have probably printed here before, but Erin Go What The Hellfuck, right ?

The first is: May you be in Heaven for a full half hour before the Devil knows your dead.(That one was on a lamp next to my bed when i was a kid.)

The second is: May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts. If God cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.

Happy St. Pat's, Crimestoppers !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful (in a meaty sort of way). I hope you had a nice St. Pattys. I am still recovering from the Dabel party....