Monday, April 02, 2007

Movies...Movies...Movies...

Here's a movie question thingy I stole from Jeff over at Boiled Dinner.

Many of these ask for a single movie, but for me, many of them have multiple answers, so I'm gonna answer with as many movies as I see fit. Report me if you need to.

1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
Diner. Young Frankenstein. The Godfather. Star Wars. Empire Strikes Back.Monty Python & The Holy Grail.

2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Star Wars.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Kurt Russell. waaaay underrated actor, if you ask me.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
Nicholas Cage(with an exception for Adaptation, Raising Arizona)

5. Name a movie you can and do quote from.
Diner. Monty Python & the Holy Grail. The Big Lebowski. Blues Brothers. Caddyshack. Happy Gilmore. Godfather. Anchorman. Meatballs. Real Genius.Stripes.

6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut

7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
Footloose.The Grateful Dead Movie.

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Diner. Greatest movie ever. Or Big Trouble In Little China.

9. Name a movie you own.
You mean, like a movie that I can beat at basketball ?

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Mark Wahlberg

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Yup. I saw a double feature of Star Wars and Logan's Run when I was 7. A couple of times, I think.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Not through the whole thing or anything, but yes.

13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven't gotten around to yet.
Lawrence Of Arabia

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
yes. Rattle & Hum...When Bono added lyrics to "All Along The Watchtower" I walked out. I sat outside the theater and smoked cigarettes until it was over.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind- The scene when the beach house is crumbling gets me every time. "You said "So go"... with such disdain".

16. Popcorn?
Sure, thanks.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
We have 18 month old twin girls. We don't go to the movies very often anymore, unfortunately.

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
Talladega Nights, I think.

19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
I guess I would have to say comedy, if pressed to make a choice.

20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater ?
I remember the Aristocats, I think. And I remember falling asleep during Bambi.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
I don't think so. I mean there are definitely movies I don't care for, but I don't know that I would go so far as wishing I never saw them.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed ?
Eraserhead.

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
Batman & Robin.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
The Big Lebowski.
No. Blazing Saddles.
No. Caddyshack.
No. Blues Brothers.
No. Monty Python & The Holy Grail
No. Bananas
No. Wet Hot American Summer
No. Animal Crackers.
No. Night Shift.
NoYoung Frankenstein.
No....

3 comments:

Avitable said...

No "Spaceballs" or "Airplane" or "Top Secret!" for #24?

Other than a few things, I agree with most of your choices. So much so, in fact, that I don't think I'll do it. It would just feel like I was repeating myself.

Paticus said...

Avitable-
that's waht the ellipses were for, iw as hoping folks would add in their faves in the comments. Excellent choices, by the way.

Paticus said...

Nice spelling on my part.