Monday, March 17, 2008

Meet My Ties: Volume 4-The Pogue Mahone Edition !!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day !!! Jaysus, where's my Harp ? Turn up the Thin Lizzy. Sure and begorrah.

Meet My Ties is back, baby! Back with an Irish vengeance !! Erin Go Kiss My Ass, and all that.


And, for the first time here at Meet My Ties, you are meeting the tie that I am wearing today. How mind-blowing is that ?

That's right, it's St. Patrick's Day, so I'm wearing my shamrock tie, I've got a shillelagh in my trousers, and I'm half drunk already !!!

Here's a closer shot of the shamrock tie,




I don't really have a lot to add.

Here's a little something I wrote two years ago about Irish accents in the movies.


I will leave you, as I do every St. Patrick's Day, with my favorite Irish proverb(my second favorite being-"May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead."-that one was on my bedside lamp when I was a wee lad)


"May those that love us, love us

For those that don't love us, may God turn their hearts

If he cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles

So we will know them by their limping."

Happy St. Patrick's Day !!!

No comments: