Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why So Serious ?


Wow.
I saw The Dark Knight last night, and I was blown away. I was thinking that it can't be as good as people are saying, but kee-rist, it sure is.
And I will be honest, being the cynical bastard that I am, I thought that Heath Ledger was perhaps being a bit over hyped, but he was even better than people are saying. It is such an unbelievably fantastic performance. The closest thing I can compare it to is Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter, just for the level of menace he brought to the role. I am someone who LOVES Tim Burton's Batman, and thought Nicholson was great in it(still do), but this movie, and this performance is just on another level. It really is more like some sort of epic crime drama then a so-called "superhero" movie.
I don't want to give too much away, so I won't go into a lot of detail, but I am just amazed by this movie, I must say.

And now....

"I'm going to make this pencil disappear."


7 comments:

Avitable said...

I've seen it twice, and it was even better the second time. Next, I plan on seeing it in IMAX.

The pencil scene was one of my favorites.

Paticus said...

Avitable- yeah, I think I want to see it again too. especially now that i found out that weekday prices here are 4.75 for all shows, day and night. Very nice.
I had actually read about the pencil scene, but i had envisioned it differently, and it was so much better in the movie.
The more I think about the movie(and Ledger's performance), the more I like it.

Poppy said...

I am supposed to see this for my birthday. I cannot wait. I CANNOT WAIT!

Paticus said...

Poppy- First of all, happy birthday!!! And second, i do not think you will be disappointed, the more I think about the movie, the more I like it.

Poppy said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

We're going in an hour. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Poppy said...

Can we swear here? I can't remember.

HOLY SHIT.

Top 5 movies of my whole life.

When he walks away from the hospital in the nurse uniform and sneakers trying to get the detonator to work correctly I could NOT stop laughing.

Paticus said...

Poppy- Amazing, wasn't it ?
I still need to see it again. And again...and maybe again after that.
And, by the way, fucking a right you can swear here !!