Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Don't Like People....

And I mean that in the broad, general sense.

I like, hell, I even LOVE specific people. I like to think I have friends, and I think I am a pretty good friend to have, if I do say so myself. Though if you ask me for specific instances, I would probably come up blank...And if you want to know who my friends are...Well, most of them live in Canada, you wouldn't know them.

But my friends(or distinct lack thereof) is not the point. What I wanted to talk to you about is the fact that i just don't think i like people in general. I think they are selfish and stupid and annoying. I think there are very few people that are aware that there is a world and other people beyond the end of their noses.

I could get into a big diatribe about large scale injustices around this big blue ball of ours, or I could rant about the people that perpetrate injustices against me on a seemingly daily basis. But I don't think I want to do either one of those.

No, I don't really want to whine about the people who seem to have absolutely no grasp of the concept of personal space. Or the old woman who seemed to believe it was completely appropriate to push me backward with my shopping cart because my children were taking too long to select yogurt. Or the people who don't seem to think it's their responsibility to pick up their dog's shit in the park. Or the jackass who cannot manage to put the tailgate to his truck up OR pull completely into the motherfucking parking space EVERY morning. Or the...Oh hell, just forget it.

Later.

No comments: