Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Jumping The Light Fantastic...

So, there's something that I have noticed the last few times we have visited New Jersey, and in further thinking on it, it's something that has been going on for awhile, and I don't know that I have seen it happen with any regularity outside of New Jersey. I have lived in Los Angeles, Chicago and now Tallahassee.

   What am I talking about? Jumping the light and making a left turn.Now, I don't mean making a left on red, but as soon as the light is green, the first car in the left turn lane immediately makes their turn, before the cars that have the right of way get through the intersection. It's fairly dickish, and fairly dangerous, and it seems to be unique to New Jersey. Or IS it? Anyone else see this on a regular basis?

  I'm sure it happens other places, but when we were in Jersey in July and December, I would say it happens about half the time.Has anyone else seen it? Seen it often.

3 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Happens in New York all the time. New Jersey is always copying us...

Paticus said...

Earl- Okay, so it is definitely 2/3 of the Tri-State area- Good to know.

laurenadoren said...

This happened to me the other day around here. It was technically in Illinois, though just barely, but I think he had IL plates so I will blame that state 'cause it seems like an assface Flatlander thing to do.

I was definitely not taking my time in accelerating, so I definitely nearly hit him and definitely wanted to because he is a stupid dumbass who deserved to get hit! He was also on a cell phone, so he deserves all the wrath of Roadragia.