Saturday, April 23, 2005

Brooooooooooooce!!!!

Springsteen kicks ass...Plain and simple...This ain't just Jersey Pride talkin' either...I'm not exactly swelling with that...I love Jersey, in my own dysfunctional way, but I certainly do not swear a blind allegiance to all things from the Garden State...I can't handle Bon Jovi...In fact, he used to lie and tell people he was from New York until Born In The U.S.A. was a hit, and then all of a sudden he remembered what side of the Hudson he lived on...Prick...Not a big Joe Piscopo fan...Especially after he started lifting weights and taking piss tests at his concerts to prove he wasn't on steroids...Who gives a rat's ass if a comedian is on steroids ? Take a fuckin' horse tranquilizer if you want, just be funny...Hate the New Jersey Devils...ruiners of hockey...Somehow the strike is their fault as well, I just know it is...anyhooo...Back to my point...Springsteen kicks ass...And I don't know even exactly why I feel that way...I don't know that I feel he speaks for me, or any of that stuff...I just think he writes some kickass tunes with some kickass lyrics...And I guess that will just have to be enough...Brooooooooooooce !!!!!
P.S.....i feel the need to add some stuff here...I think that I was being a bit smug and cynical up there(I know, I'm as shocked as anyone)...But I think I need to come clean...I think I do like to think that Bruce speaks for me,(warning, this will most likely not get any LESS sappy or corny from here, in fact I'm sure it will get quite a bit worse, so feel free to turn away), I think there's a realness to his words that I have always felt connected to, now I'm sure there are many people who would say that that is exactly what he's selling, and maybe it is, but I like it anyway, and I like thinking that there is an earnestness behind it, it makes me feel better, better about myself, better about things around me, wow, I wasn't kidding with the sap warning was I ? I don't know exactly how to express it, I just feel a lot of hope in a lot of his music(not all of it, he's got some downers in there,and sometimes I like those even more) but I don't feel that it's a false hope, I think it's a romantic one, especially the stuff on Born To Run, but I don't feel that it's false or completely unrealistic..To get even sappier, it made things seem possible...And it still does...And for that, I guess all there is, is thanks, Boooooooooooooooce !

" Lying out there like a killer in the sun,
Hey I know it's late we can make it if we run."- Bruce Springsteen - "Thunder Road"

No comments: