Sunday, July 03, 2005

You Know What ?

Chicken butt...just kidding...No, what I was going to say was...That "Groove Is In The Heart" song by Deeeee-Lite ? It's STILL really fucking annoying...Just in case anyone was wondering...I have decided to gather some statistics on the songs played at what seems like EVERY wedding at the old Blueberry..I have always had an unofficial tally, but I'm gonna try and gather some harder facts...Here are some of my preliminary findings from memory over the last year and a half(just a little taste)...Brown-Eyed Girl...Oh! What A Night(December 1963)...Hey Ya!...Stayin' Alive...At Last...Groove Is In The Heart...Bust A Move...Play That Funky Music...and so on...I will try and get some harder numbers in the coming weeks, so stay tuned...

Now I just want to share a little anecdote with you...

It was...well, I guess it was a Friday night...yes, a Friday night...and the lights were low...I was looking out for a place to go...a place where they play the right music...music that would allow me to get in the swing...let's face it...I was in the mood for a dance...and when I got the chance...I was a dancing queen ...I was young a sweet..I felt all of seventeen...Yes, I was the dancing queen...and damnit !!...I felt the beat from the tambourine...

Good night all... Happy Fourth Of July...good luck on those egg hunts...

No comments: