Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fuck A-Rod...

Excuse me while I have a Sports Interlude...

That's right, I said it...FUCK A-ROD, that whiney-ass bitch. Let's get my bias out of the way first...I am a Met fan. So, I am a Yankee hater. I can appreciate what they do, I can appreciate guys like Jeter and Bernie Williams, I can admit that there is a large dose of jealousy involved in my hatred of the Yankees. Having said that, my contempt for Alex Rodriguez goes faaaar beyond him being a Yankee. It is also NOT predicated on the fact that he is not a Met. I am truly happy he is not a Met. I firmly believe that the METS chose not to sign A-Rod, not the other way around. He's a great baseball player, but I think he's a bad teammate, and I happen to think he's a dick.
Now, I have not yet read the latest Sports Illustrated story about the Golden Boy, so I am not writing about that(though if he in fact compares himself to Reggie Jackson and Derek Jeter, even if only by mentioning some struggles they had as comparable to his, he is not only a dick, he's delusional. Jeter may be(and believe me, this hurts to say, about the most clutch athlete I have ever witnessed, and Reggie Jackson was of course, "the straw that stirs the drink.") but the latest round of talk about him last night just pissed me off all over again.
In every story about his struggles in N.Y. and his whining and complaining about everyone not loving him, they always say "he's a good guy." BULLSHIT. He's not a good guy. He's a greedy, selfish, self-involved son of a bitch, who needs to put others down to make himself look better. Look no further than when he signed his 10 year 250 million dollar contract with the Texas Rangers(whom he claimed he signed with because he wanted to win...Really ? yeah, that's a real legacy of winning down there in Texas.) when he spent 10 minutes of the press conference talking about why he DIDN'T sign with the other teams that were interested in him. He claimed that the Braves contract offer did not include a no-trade clause(the Braves, by the way, contend that they never even OFFERED him a contract), and the Mariners didn't do this and that, just shut up and talk about the Rangers you ass !! I don't care who or why you didn't sign with, why not discuss the long history of championships in Texas ? Oh, right.
Plus, is it a complete coincidence that the teams he leaves get BETTER ? I don't think so.

Okay, I think I'm done. Sorry about that.

But, fuck A-Rod.

GO METS !!!! NL Eastern Division Champs. Whoo- Hoo !!!

No comments: