Thursday, March 06, 2008

Pray Tell, What Are These "Piss Shivers" That You Speak Of ?

In yesterday's post, I inquired of all the ladies out there if they experience the phenomenon known as "piss shivers". I guess I'm also not sure that all men experience it or not.

Of the two ladies that responded, neither seemed to know what the hell I was talking about. So, I will offer a brief explanation.

"Piss shivers"( Peter H. M. Brooks is attributed with calling it "Post-Micturition Convulsion Syndrome, or PMCS) are what they sound like, when taking a piss(and usually upon finishing said bout of urination(though hopefully, "Not on the rug, man."), a shiver is sent down one's spine. It can vary in severity, from a tiny little shiver to a full blown quake(I have had one or two that actually caused a movement of the feet). My theory has always been that the larger(or longer) the pee, the stronger the shiver, but I have no factual data to back up that claim, and have yet to secure funding to conduct any substantive research.

"The Straight Dope" indicates that women(some anyway) do, in fact, experience "piss shivers". They also offer some theories on the cause of PMCS.

Thus endeth the lesson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up. I was also curious what the dickens you meant by piss shivers, so I guess that means that I do not experience them.

Still wondering, though, if this is a pleasurable thing or not? My guess is no, but what do I know?

Donna said...

Ok, I totally can say I have never experienced this.

Men are complicated.

C2 said dickens. HAH!

Paticus said...

c2- Well, you sholda spoked up yesterday, too.
as for the piss shivers themselves, i would have top say that overall it is an enjoyable phenomenon.

Miss. Ann- I appreciate the info. i will add it to my spreadsheet.