Monday, February 20, 2012

"Hemingway punched me in the mouth...."

We saw "Midnight in Paris" this weekend. Delightful movie.
   I don't know how you feel about Woody Allen and his movies, but this is a very good one. I don't know that I would put it up there with "Love and Death"(my personal favorite of his flicks), "Annie Hall", "Bananas", "Crimes and Misdemeanors", but it's very good. Really funny and enjoyable.
  It's a bout a guy who is in present day Paris, and ends up spending time with some great characters from history: Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald, Hemingway,Picasso, Gertrude Stein, among others. His interactions, of course, affect his current life.
  I don't want to go into too much detail ,but I really enjoyed it. Plus, it reminded me of this(and was based on it, I'm sure) from Allen's standup work. Simply Brilliant.

No comments: